Adventure in Argentina

Friday, October 05, 2007

Home at last

Well, I'm finally back in the US after almost exactly a year and a half in Buenos Aires. My original plan was to stay only a year, but it turns out that it's difficult to bring a fiancee into the US. The process took us over 9 months, but eventually they gave Carla a visa so she could come here to get married.

The time I spend in Argentina was wonderful. I got to know the language and the culture, I made a number of friends and I took a much-needed break from my normal life. Now am I ready to continue my life with a fresh perspective and probably in some new directions.

There are some Spanish conversation groups in my city, so I'll be able to continue using the language. And of course I will speak Spanish with my fiancee for a while until she understands my English well.

Here's a picture of the building where we'll be getting married. We'd love to get married outdoors, but it will be cold here in November!

1 Comments:

  • Congrats, Paul! And Carla, of course. Hope you both have a good time (re)adjusting to the States, and (re)connecting to St.Paul, friends, work, Church etc.

    Blessings,
    Eric
    The Netherlands

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home