Adventure in Argentina

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Uruguay

It´s been a while, hasn´t it? I´m finding that with going out every night (or almost every night) I have to really make an effort to find the time to write something here.

I´m writing this from Uruguay. I had to make a trip here in order to renew my tourist visa, which is only valid for 3 months. Yes, that means I´ve been here for 3 months now. Unfortunately, it's been raining all day, so I can't really enjoy the trip by taking a walk or something. At least I'm warm and dry in a cyber cafe.

I moved to a new apartment in early June, located about 25 blocks from the old one. It´s small but has a separate bedroom and is very bright. I´ll be staying here for a month, and then moving to what I hope will be my apartment for the rest of the time I am here. The new apartment is a little more centrally-located and is quite a bit cheaper. I found it through someone I met here, which is part of the reason it is cheaper: it´s more expensive to rent through an apartment agency than from an individual.

World Cup fever is in full swing here. Argentina has advanced past the first round (unlike the US) as expected, so they play later today.

I´m back working at my computer job in the suburbs on the city. It´s going pretty well so far. It´s a small company with 4 or 5 employees, but my boss is trying to expand things.

5 Comments:

  • Hola green-go!!

    Efectivamente ha pasado mucho tiempo desde tu último comentario. Me da gusto saber que te encuentres bien. Tengo algunas preguntas para ti:

    1. Encontraste más ches cucarachas en tu nuevo apartamento?
    2. Estás cansado de aguantar a Sak?? :p
    3. No crees que, contra todos los pronósticos, México estuvo a punto de generar suicidios colectivos después del partido contra Argentina??
    4. Did U miss me?? :p

    Cuidate green-go

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:38 AM  

  • Well. I never doubted that the Argie team was going to beat Mexico's. They must be already at home, in the US...where they belong.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:19 PM  

  • Hi again

    errrr... kay... México's football team is already in MÉXICO... where they belong ;-)

    I wanna see the cucarachas also!!! I think they are an essential part of Sendai's adventure hehe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:26 AM  

  • Hola Jix

    Let me answer to your questions:

    1) No
    2) Of course not!
    3) OF COURSE NOT!
    4) OFFFF COURRRRRSEEEE NOOOOOTTT!

    Que sigan bien y mejor suerte para el 2010... I'll be wearing my mexican hat and eating my chicken burrito.

    Noui

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 AM  

  • Jix:

    1. No, y menos mal!
    2. (sin comentarios -- ella está escuchando)
    3. Méjico jugó bien, pero al final Argentina tiene la mejor selección.
    4. Cómo no!

    Hasta la vista, bebe.

    By Blogger Paul, at 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home