Adventure in Argentina

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Seeking practice

The last two nights (Monday and Tuesday) I went to check out two different conversation groups to practice my Spanish. The one on Monday was bilingual English-Spanish, but I was the only English speaker. Of course, they were happy to have a native speaker, but they also all wanted to practice English. I'll give it another try next week and see how it goes.

Tonight I went to another group that was all non-Spanish speakers except for an Argentina moderator. I'm not sure that this group will be any help to me, but I might try it again next week. Anyway, though, I guess I keep looking for a good way to practice.

I'm continuing to explore the city, though I haven't seen any new parts in the last couple of days. Hopefully tomorrow I'll do some more looking around. I am getting used to the buses and the subway. I finally found a website that will tell me how to get anywhere using the bus or subway. Too bad it's really slow and only works about half the time. Well, I can always ask someone on the street how to get somewhere.

On Thursday I'm going to talk to someone about an internship in a small computer company. If I interesting after talking to him, I can go for an interview. I need to update my resume and translate it to Spanish. Actually, at this point I might as well just create a new one. The old one hasn't been touched in 10 years.

I'm still coughing, but I think it's getting better. Well, at least I hope so. If not, I'll need to see a doctor soon.

11 Comments:

  • Yeah right... People, let me tell you how things really are. Paul suggested to go to a bilingual meeting so he can practice his Spanish and I can practice my English, and guess what happened.. Exactly! I spoke a lot of English and he did too! (English! for those who are distracted, he spoke ENGLISH). Now, I wanna see your comments down here giving him a good scolding. (hope this word exists, you can never trust dictionaries..)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:48 PM  

  • yes scolding works perfectly. YOU SPOKE ENGLISH??? DAMN YOU! now... GO TO THE CLUBS! X;

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 AM  

  • hi green-go!

    I can help to update your resume if U want to, I mean surely it's full of tech terms so if U have a doubt I can help U for some dollars (hehehe estoy a full con la técnica de Jailin)

    Sak no seas tan quejumbrosa!! aparte que tienes tu personal trainer (native speaker) te pones a molestar... green-go U deserve a monument for be so patient with that argentinian!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:39 AM  

  • Let me see...what is the problem about sendai speaking in english?? jaja...oh god i am souuu desactualizated ...well as you see, my english is falling down buaaaaaaa but ill start english again next friday....vacations were longggggggggggggggggggjajaja...guel...che una question, porque sendai no opina en los blogs? solo se dedica a escribir el vago nomas jajaj....
    Well jix my method is very addictive...so be careful it is not easy to handle ajajjaja...only few people can....Me of course...and Sak alias "$$$$$$" jeje
    Bye!
    Jai

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 PM  

  • Jailin, tipo que no entendiste la idea... He came here to learn SPANISH, whats the purpose of speaking English?
    Got it??? LOL
    And yes, Jix, it requires practice to be able to use our method $$$if you know what I mean$$$$
    Le vas a chargear al pobre sendai que ahora experimenta la pobreza argentina?? come on!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 PM  

  • Epa epa epa sak q onda? desde cuando sos tan cheta para decir "tipo que".....hmmm no no no que mal andamos ehhhh ajjaja.
    Y si es logico que hable en espa´ñol, pero imagino que de vez en cuando ...un poquito de ingles no viene mal tampoco...aunque sea para desorientar a argentinos burros que no tienen ni idea del ingles jajaja q maldad...
    ah y no digas asi sak...si argentina es riquisiiiiiima.... donde vez pobreza vos? ignorantaaa!! jajaja
    besotesssssss

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:42 PM  

  • Si bueno, en realidad cuando fuimos al bar de recoleta el chetaje era total. But I'm a Flores soul you know..... originally from Congreso, without a mango.... si me entendés la expresion jajajajaja!!
    So, since you're so much against argentinos burros, when are you coming to these talktimes with us? No native languages allowed (except me, of course).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:55 PM  

  • Hey hey hey i am not against argentinos burros...i am one of them ajjaja but i am objetiva and know that things here are the ultima ajjajja...
    Well estaria bueno those chats...where are they? tell me and ill try to go at least once.
    And ehmm why except you? i am awful speeking all in english... and i tardo a lot thinking what to say ajjaja....well at least to my favour...i suck in spanish too sou....hipotetically speaking i am not a native spanish speaker jajaja..
    well sak byeee and send me a message and tell me about those chats.. i am interesting/ed.. ( i dont know which one)
    Jailin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 PM  

  • Hey --- this is too cool Sendai. I am very proud of the way you have been getting along in another country. This is fun to check out your new adventures from time to time. Take care

    Muchoserrores

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:44 AM  

  • Get BETTER.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 11:14 AM  

  • Get well soon. That cough sure is hanging on.

    In Brazil they have a saying, "Whoever has a mouth can go to Rome." It's great you're asking directions!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home