Adventure in Argentina

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Botanical Garden

On Friday night I felt like going out, so I went (with a friend) to a nighttime tour of the Botanical Garden, which is just a couple miles from where I live. To be honest, it wasn't really anything special, but it was an excuse to get out of the house, plus I got to listen to the tour guide talk and practice some Spanish with my friend. Afterwards we went to a bar to meet with an English conversation group that I wanted to check out just for fun. I ended up speaking more Spanish than English (which is a good thing), and finally got home about 1:00 am. Which, by the way, is not at all late in this city. Some people don't even leave the house to go out until 1 or 2 am.

Last night I went to the "suburbs" of Buenos Aires to meet with the church that I know here. I took the train there last night. Overall time to get there was a little over an hour and a half. Beto, a guy from the church, met me in the train station and we rode together to the church meeting. He happens is able to speak with a very clear accent, so I understand nearly everything he says. About halfway through the train ride he switched to English and told me that everyone around us was listening to me very curiously, I imagine because of my accent. He said the same thing happens to his wife, who is from Brasil (and who definitely has a perceptable accent, even to my ears).

I found out later that there's a better way to get there that probably only takes about an hour on one of those really nice buses with reclining seats and A/C. Of course, it costs more, but it's still only a dollar. I returned home last night on the comfy bus, which dropped me off about 12 blocks from my apartment. It was a nice night so I walked home from there.

6 Comments:

  • Me again...Fua Sendai!!! Your Futon ( sofa pero mucho mas mejor que un soufa) is the same as my sister jajaja . Did you see how comfourtable is it? you could you it as a bed too....but i see your bed...is excellent jaja you dont need the Futon....
    Well sendai i congratulate you for your house it seems to be very nice and cosy...
    I noticed that you went to the cinema with Noelia alias pokemona sakura... well i want to see La era del hielo 2 ... jaja that was a kick J/k.
    Well about argentinian habits...yes here we are twisted... we sleep during the day...and go out at night...like vampires jaja ( it is not my case actually) ...en fin... See you soon i go to bed because is late ( JA rimó y todo jeje).
    saludos a sakuraaa q hace mucho que no la leo y a jix os course...
    Kisses sendai bye
    Jailin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:23 AM  

  • Fe de erratas al comentario anterior mio:

    "as my sister´s" instead of "sister";

    "comfortable" instead of "comfourtable";

    "you could USE it as a bed" instead of "you could YOU";

    Well thanks ...Bye
    Hilen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 AM  

  • Young Lady... you can't write a letter and write a fe de erratas in the next comment...
    Guess who I am!! La era de hielo mmmm I wanna see it too!
    Saludos pokemonísima lawyer cuerva.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:47 AM  

  • HMMMMMMMMM IT is very complicated to guess who wrote that...it could be both jix and sakura...because both are really pokemons with me:( ajjaja . but maybe i would say that jix wrote that...because he is souuuuu annoying about language issues...jejej ..
    Guel pipol see you leiter..and sendai here is mai i meil jailin_04arroba jot mail punto com. para q cuando quieras me writees ...
    Kisses and plis sak traslate this to sendai in case he doesnt understand anything ajjaja..
    Bye
    Hilen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:24 AM  

  • Wrong, Wrong, Wrong...it was me...
    You used to know very well when it was me using another nickname in espanglishchat, now you're out of practice... so sad my dear...
    Jailinnnnnnn how are you??? it's been a long time! I'll try to catch you on MSN!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:08 PM  

  • jejej ies sak i am out of practice... es que ando very atareada con la facu y mi SOBRINITOOOO i am AUNTTTTTT and pronto i will be double aunt...jaja i am very japi because they are a girl and a boy....
    yes friendddddd we will catch at msn plisss long time not seeing you ...is a poison!!! ajjaja
    Bye!!!!!!!!
    Pokemonisima jailin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home